Thursday, June 23, 2011

Nice 'Huffs'!

I sometimes spend my free time trawling through the hot mess that is the Farm & Garden section on Craigslist Tulsa. It's hit-or-miss. Once, I found a riding gig (aboard a mule at the All-American Mule & Donkey Congress). Another time, I ran across Stübben Roxane saddle for only $500 (sadly, I didn't buy it). I give most horses listed on the site a cursory glance, especially if they're Thoroughbreds. Sometimes, you really hit the jackpot on horse listings. 


From today's posts:


Click to enlarge!
The text of the ad reads: 
I have a 5 year old stud for sale I need to sale to a good home asap can't upload picture but can send pictures he is all black with his back huffs white 400 or obo


There are a number of things wrong with this ad, but what really jumped out to me was the unique spelling of "hooves". I suppose I could understand "hoofs" (pluralizing words ending in f could be tricky), but "huffs" is beyond me. 


Let's all take a moment to think about why people should have to take a course on owning horses before they acquire one.

No comments:

Post a Comment