Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas (or should I say Mare-y Christmas?) everyone!

I spent the day convincing my boss's son to bring his gigantic Oldenburg gelding to the barn so I could ride him. Mission accomplished: the horse arrives tomorrow or Tuesday. I cannot express how excited I am.

In other news, Princess G decided she most definitely did not want to be caught when I went to ride last Thursday. She galloped around like a wild stallion, so I hopped aboard Kyla's horse Cal instead. Anne rode Atut, and we played a rousing game of follow-the-leader. Cal is very green, so I'm trying to put some miles and manners on him for Kyla. (He's been a superstar and learns very quickly.)

I have the next week off, so as long as the weather holds, I'm planning to ride every day. If Gina decides she wants to go for a ride, I'll be working on her dressage. Cal and Heidi are going to be introduced to ground poles. Colt (the very large Oldenburg) is going to be hacked.

Here's to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment