Thursday, March 13, 2014

Throwback Thursday


2001 MidSouth Regional Pony Club Rally, Kentucky Horse Park. I'm riding an absolutely lovely five year old Quarter Horse gelding named Bailey. He was a big, stout creature who happily jumped most things and didn't complain much about dressage.

I was borrowing him from another girl in my pony club; my horse Spike was still recovering from having bone spurs removed from his hocks. Bailey was a homebred, and his two full siblings were Prelim-level eventers.

He was for sale and came with a hefty (but justifiable) price tag. I pleaded with my parents to buy him for me to no avail. (And I ended up with Moe just two years later.)

I don't know where Bailey ended up, but I always think of him fondly for helping my confidence and giving me one of the most pleasant, stress-free Rallies I ever competed in.

11 comments:

SheMovedtoTexas said...

He is cute and looks like a good boy!

Aoife said...

Sounds like a dreamy fella, hope whoever was lucky enough to get their mitts on him had as much fun as you did.

Carly said...

Whoaaa, LOVE the new blog design!!

Stephanie said...

Thanks!!

Stephanie said...

He was the CUTEST. And so low-key.

Stephanie said...

I hope so too!

Jessica @ The Georgia Horse said...

Bailey was a cutie! No wonder you wanted him!

Marissa said...

Awww, I would have wanted him too! Cute and safe, love that.

Anonymous said...

He sounds like a run guy to ride! And I love the new look!

Anonymous said...

That should say fun...not run!

L.Williams said...

aww what a nice memory

Post a Comment