Friday, October 3, 2014

October's 10 Questions


Before we get into answering L. Williams' monthly questions, let me remind you that 2pointober 2014 has officially begun! I was a terrible participant last year, so I'm making this year's goal to actually, you know, participate. You can get all the details on the competition (and the great prizes!) at Viva Carlos or Equestrian At Hart. My baseline time which I clocked just this morning was 5 minutes, 18 seconds (on Gina).

Onto the questions!

  1. Is there something you don’t like about your riding? I am currently frustrated with my right shoulder. It's developed this nasty habit of hunching forward when I least want it to.
  2. Does your horse buck? I cannot remember a time when Moe and Gina have bucked under saddle. Riding Freddie makes me appreciate them!
  3. Is your horse head shy? No, neither horse is head shy, though Moe will sometimes throw his head up if you reach toward his face unexpectedly. I think he's easily surprised.
  4. Favorite barn chore to do? Feeding horses or sweeping barn aisles.
  5. How many times do you ride a week? I average about 4 days a week of riding; sometimes I ride more than one horse on those days.
  6. Who is your favorite pro rider? Jimmy Wofford! Out of currently competing riders, I think Mary King is probably my favorite. I once read an article from her on how she manages her horses, and I was very impressed that she seems practical and down to earth.
  7. If one pro rider could train you for one day who would it be? Jimmy Wofford for sure!
  8. Favorite Facial Marking? I'm a big fan of stars!
  9. Leg Markings or No Leg Markings? True story, until I got Moe, I'd never had a horse with any leg markings. Ever. I love his little white pastern and I always scrub it super clean before a show! I think Gina's socks are flashy, but I would like her just the same if she was a plain little bay like Freddie or Carson.
  10. Ever broken anything falling off? My arm! It was very painful and I hope to never repeat the experience.

3 comments:

Wilbur, Ellie, and Emily said...

Nice baseline!!

emma said...

nice baseline! and it feels like i haven't seen mary king (whom i also love watching) at all recently... i guess she missed some of the biggies this year?

Karley said...

Dang good baseline!! :)

Post a Comment