Thursday, October 16, 2014

Throwback Thursday


2003, show jumping phase of Middle Tennessee Pony Club Horse Trials at Brownland Farm. Moe is 8 here. I am just shy of my 17th birthday. Moe still gets that eager look on his face when jumps are around. At 19, he is very much the same as he was at 8, although I suppose he's slightly more sensible now than he was 11 years ago. (For example, he no longer spooks if he steps on his own lead rope.)

I consider myself very lucky to have had such a good horse for so many years. I hope there are many more in our future!

10 comments:

Kristen said...

Awww! Congrats on the milestone :)

Laur @FMHH said...

Great picture! Love his perky ears and your focus.

SheMovedtoTexas said...

I didn't realize you've had him that long! That's so awesome :) I want to still have Simon happy and jumping around at 19.

Stephanie said...

Thanks! I dug this picture out after realizing the MTPC HT was last weekend. :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks! I still get that "DERP JUMPS" look and Moe still gets the "JUMPS JUMPS OMG I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A STEEPLECHASER" look.

Stephanie said...

I'm sure you will! You take great care of Simon- poor Moe has had to endure over a decade of no stalling, minimal blanketing, and sometimes questionable riding and he's held up pretty well. ;)

Anonymous said...

Aw, how cool. Great picture

Wilbur, Ellie, and Emily said...

Great throwback!

Anonymous said...

Such a great photo!!

Aoife said...

Awwww, I hope I have my girls as healthy & as long ♡

Post a Comment