Thursday, February 12, 2015

Throwback Thursday: UTM Fun Show


I made this photo super large so y'all could get a good laugh out of my facial expression. Jumper classes are SERIOUS BUSINESS, okay?

This was taken in 2007 at a low-key fun show put together as a fundraiser for the UTM equestrian team. I am on Moe.

Moe and I competed in many jumper rounds over the years. I've always thought they were a good way for green horses to get exposure; ten years ago, I could show Moe in 2 or 3 classes for under $50, which I thought was a pretty good deal. Plus, jumper classes are fun!

Moe was never a terrifically successful jumper. He was quick, agile, and handy, but we regularly dropped rails. I'm sure this had nothing to do with my complete inability to see a distance or my penchant for clutching Moe's mane and hoping for the best when we took off fifteen feet from the base of the fence.

This was the first time my coach and many of my teammates had seen me ride my own horse; my coach told me we were terrifying. Our very fast, possibly frightening riding did merit us first place in the class, though.

12 comments:

SheMovedtoTexas said...

LOL your game face!!! I love everything about this post.

Laur @FMHH said...

Awesome face! Not messing with you guys!

Nicole said...

That is a serious game face!!

Stephanie said...

I crack myself up looking at riding photos. I am always super serious/angry. In normal, non-riding life, I am usually smiling or laughing or generally looking pleasant. Who is this scary woman riding horses??

Stephanie said...

The jumps are my opponents! They must be stared down!

Stephanie said...

SUPER serious!!!

Anonymous said...

I think Moe's happy face provides just the right amount of contrast to your intensity!

Stephanie said...

I'd like to think so. :) He's a generally happy horse, though!

Aoife said...

Game face ftw *clap*

emma said...

lol awesome - 'why so serious'?? looks like fun tho :)

Carly said...

If that's not a Grr Face I don;t know what is.

Austen said...

Omg. This is the best jumping picture ever ... I wish I had one so super cool. ;)

Post a Comment